Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Holistic Massage Therapy Student Reviews Receiving Work from Neha

PERSONAL NOTES on the experience of ROLFING & NSP 09/15/08

During the ROLFING treatment by NEHA:
While being worked on my left foot, I had a new experience:

My brain/mind (?) was completely relax, almost like in the state of meditation,
But difference was that my head/ mind (?) was mysteriously connected with my foot, in a sense, it was a connection NOT via flash or bone or fascia- nothing physical.

Also head and foot were felt not “physical” or “material”
(There was something but it was nether the shape of the foot nor the shape of the head)
There was complete peace in head and there a kind of “pain” in the foot. But it did not bother

It was all together different than the way we usually feel our body.
And it was wonderful (I would like to live in that state all the time!!!)

Right after the treatment (2hrs)

I saw my body shoulder griddle was unwound (it was twisted and tilted before)
My body seemed more balance
It was less difficult to bend down

By the time I reached home in 15 minutes, I realized ( I knew it but this time it was not just mental knowledge) that I was holding lots of tension on facial muscles( after the injury that happened few weeks ago) and as I became aware, that tension was suddenly released. My face seemed more calm and so also the mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I initially attended the 3rd day of Raina Colvin's Massage Technician - intensive class in Laguna Hills (Jan '09). Sita (Krysla Grothe) was sitting in that day. I had already missed the first two days and 14 hrs. of completed instruction. As I sat there learning about Anatomy, specifically - the bones, I was astonished to know that I still remembered my anatomy! It also helped that I worked as a Lab Tech in Pathology and took Anatomy & Physiology. I experienced something wonderful...an EPIPHANY! I had an overwhelming feeling that I was in the right place at the right time, for such a time as this. I was going to partake in a vital part of an ever-needed community of bodyworkers.

I had recently been laid-off from a civil defense law firm, whom I thought would promote me to a paralegal position, after having worked at the front desk as a legal receptionist for nearly 6 yrs. I thought they would utilize my ABA-Approved Paralegal Certificate, in which I paid $7K at a private university. Apparently, I did not feel the love there and felt a bit disallusioned.

During the first 3 mos. of unemployment, I exhaustively searched and researched careers, took psychological assessments, took a dozen personality tests, including some I.Q. tests. The result ended in utter depression.
By January 2009, I set new goals and only thought excellent & positive thoughts about myself, because I had a lot offer people and I now have a desire to help people with massage therapy.

Today, I can attest to you, that at age 44, I am called to do bodywork because I get continual confirmation and affirmations that I'm supposed to do massage. There are a lot of massage opportunities ahead of me as it will be for those who pursue this gratifying career.

I had to find out at a certain time of my life. An epiphany will happen to you when you observe and make yourself open to opportunities. My sister-in-law told me to do massage, my family always told me I had a good touch, and I had massaged my father & mother during their years of illness before they made their way out of this life, and into the presence of God. My father had A.L.S-Lou Gherig's Disease and my mother had Parkinson's-Dimentia. They needed the loving & healing touch of massage for their grave neuro-muscular degenerative diseases.

I feel blessed to know that I can play a vital role in healing others' pain and suffering.
Thank you Neha & Paula for creating Healing Hands School of Holistic Health. You have given your students the means to expand our knowledge and practice!
May you be Abundantly Blessed with long life and prosperity!
Rose Plant