Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring is here


Greetings future healers of the world,

Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there

Spring is the season of new beginnings. It evokes thoughts of renewal and hope for a better future. What time could be more perfect for pursuing a fresh start to your career/life path.

I remember when I first took the leap of faith, registering for classes and deciding I was determined to change my direction to where I wanted to see myself heading. For me it was difficult, I had no idea how I was going to pay for my education and I was not sure how I could fit it in to my schedule . I had been working for years in the food service industry, first as a waitress then a bartender. I had tons of debt and I worked odd hours all over the board. I just couldn't fathom how I was going to make school happen. I knew I was not happy where I was and the thought of earning good money helping people to improve the health of their bodies and ultimately their lives seemed "to good to be true". Encouraged by a friend who was going to join with or with out me I took the plunge and registered with the bare minimum of $50 for the Massage Technician Training Course. Now as a sit back reflecting I think its the best decision I ever made for myself.

The things I love most about going to school are, you learn, grow and change things about your own body that you never even realized needed changing. As you journey through your classes making friends and receiving body work you discover that you have been storing old traumatic emotions and suffering with stagnant aches and pains you have accepted as permanent. Then, you find relief and its incredible!

What I love about Healing Hands is that it is community based. As an outsider many view us as hippies or other flighty stereotypes. The truth is that we provide an incredibly well rounded education with out forcing individuals to mole to a generic standard of scrubs and strictly western thought processing.

We have over 1700 hours worth of courses for you to choose from. We allow you to discover and specialize your own path of interest and healing. If you are a spiritual, energetic practioner we are for you, if you are drawn to sports injuries or structural analysis of the body, you belong with us, if you are interested in the ancient healing practices of China, Japan and Thailand this is the school for you. Not to mention an entire Herbal program with nutritional courses, spa techniques and so much more.

The best part about Healing Hands is we are affordable. I did my price comparisons when I was searching for schools and if you cut out the schools offering education with out accreditation (which you need in order to legally work) we are just about the cheapest school you can find. Don't let that fool you into thinking we are anything less than the best because our 100% successful pass rate with the National Accrediting Board Exam is proof that although we are relaxed we provide a top notch education.

What would a school be with out its teachers. One thing to look at when your shopping around is the turn over rate of a schools educators. At Healing Hands the majority of our instructors have been with the school for 10+ years. They are interesting, talented individuals, actively participating in the healing community and best of all available to you (above and beyond when they are required/paid to be). Speaking of availability, you will not find another school who's directors are available to speak with you in person on almost a daily basis. The school was created by Paula and Neha Curtiss in 1992. It has grown and thrived ever since and it is due to their care and involvement.

Now back to you. The number one reason why you should register for Healing Hands is because working as a massage therapist is rewarding , flexible and lucrative. If you have a passion and desire to create and nurture your unique gift you will excel in this field. Both my husband and I are therapist, he is full time and I work part time because I still enjoy being involved at the school and spreading the word to people like you who may be in the same position I was, just waiting for the right person to push to change your life.

So if you have been thinking about it, just take action! Jump online, write us an email or better yet give us a call. We have affordable payment plans, we accepts several types of funding including Federal Financial Aid and we are available to answer your questions, pressure free and help you decide the best path for you.

We still have space in our Escondido April 24th Tuesday and Thursday 6-10 evening courses and in our April 25 Wednesday and Fridays 8-2pm day courses.
We also have our campus in Laguna Hills starting May 1st Tuesdays and Fridays 6-10pm and May 3rd Tuesdays and Thursdays 8am -2 day course.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Escondido 760-746-9364
Laguna Hills 949-305-2722
http://healinghandsschool.com/
--
Have a happy and healthy day!
Leah Warder
Admissions Director


Healing Hands School of Holistic Health
Main Office Monday-Friday 9am- 5:30
125 W. Mission Ave. Suite 212
Escondido, CA 92025
(760) 746-9364 or (800) 355-6463
fax (760) 839-0504
www.healinghandsschool.com
Laguna Hills (949) 305-2722
Mon., Wed., Thurs, Fri. 9-5:30
Tuesdays 9:30-6pm open orientation at 5:30
Lunch from 12:30-1:30
23022 La Cadena # 104
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

No comments: